michael RYAN Zaleta
INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER & GRAPHIC/ WEB DESIGNER
Whelen Engineering Co. Chester, CT
Senior Graphic Designer November 2022 - Present
Fabrique Ltd. Branford, CT
Lead Senior Designer April 2018 - October 2022
• Senior designer for design and development of hard and soft goods including day packs,backpacks, laptop cases, top loads and rollers, tablet cases and accessories.
• Evaluate and apply current & future market trends for customer projects for materials, colorand trim.
MRZ Designs Branford, CT
Freelance Designer January 2013 - Present
• Creating logos, branding, design and development of websites for clients to build their brand or company.
• Specializing in logo design, brand identity & strategy business cards, print collateral - brochures, tri folds, flyers, post cards, apparel and accessories design, web design including SEO/ keyword search, and social media content.
Eastern Mountain Sports Meriden, CT
Hard Goods Production and Design September 2016 - Present
• Manage the design and development of day packs, backpacks, travel gear, tents and sleeping bags and gloves.
• Sucessfully designed and devloped a full collection of day packs and travel gear for 2017 and 2018 seasons.
• Developed a new tech spec system to streamline process of working with our overseas vendors to improve production.
• Evaluate and apply current & future market trends, consumer activities, materials, color and trim design techniques
across multiple product categories including backpacks, travel gear, tents and sleeping bags.
E. Gluck Corp. New York, NY
Lead Product Designer - Armitron Men’s & Women’s March 2016 - September 2016
• Successfully created and designed Armitron Adventure brand from intial concept to full product line of watches,
developed logo and brand identity including packaging.
• Create seasonal inspiration, trend boards, color palettes and product direction aligning with brand guidelines.
• Manage the design and development for multiple projects for men’s and women’s categories.
• Overseas travel to Hong Kong to work with vendors and factories on product development of watches.
Product & Graphic Designer (Quiksilver,Roxy) July 2014 - March 2016
• Responsible for all design and development of watches from concept sketch to CAD spec and sample review.
• Designed and developed POP and in store displays, posters, marketing collateral and packaging for the brands.
• Create trend boards for seasonal inspiration and color direction aligning with Brand guidelines.
• Designed and created a custom watch display and packaging system for Quiksilver and Roxy watches.
Owner and Founder January 2012 - Present
• Design and Create all artwork and graphics for Production of t-shirts and all apparel.
• Manage all social media aspects of the Brand, Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram and website.
• Sales and Marketing and promotional work for the Brand, creating events and news updates.
Fabrique Ltd. Branford, CT
Industrial Designer September 2012 - July 2014
• Successfully designed multiple backpacks, laptop bags, messenger bags, sleeves, iPad cases, folios, and
tablet cases for well known globakl brands that were produced on the consumer and B2B markets.
(HP, Belkin, Ingram V7, Logitech, Dell, Kensington, Acer)
• Product Development: create technical specs of cases and review samples for production approval, including
travelling overseas to work with China team and factories to oversea special projects.
• Work and correspond closely with engineers & sourcing team overseas to work through the production process.
Innovative Display & Design Bridgeport, CT
Exhibit Designer October 2011 – September 2012
• Design 3-Dimensional exhibits and displays for trade shows, marketing environments and events worldwide.
• Designing and conceptualize exhibits for clients specifications from ideas and develop them into finished high
quality exhibits and displays.
• Create artwork for graphics and banners for displays, logos and customized signs and graphics.
Turf Dawg USA Fairfield, CT
Product Development and Design December 2008 – October 2011
• Sports Accessories and apparel design, designed customized products (TurfDawgs) sports gaiters.
• Designing of graphics for finalized products, concepts including logos, colors, and original graphics.
• Marketing and Promotional: Event banners and posters, product packaging cards and POP Display.
• Research and Development: product testing and engineering, interacting with consumers. Manufacturing of
product first hand: over-seeing product being produced. Consulting with coaches and equipment managers.
Design: Hand sketching, marker rendering, technical drawing, technical spec packs, virtuoso sketching, CAD, product
development, brand strategy, material/color sourcing, photography.
Software: MAC OSX, Windows, Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Bridge, Autodesk Sketchbook
Wentworth Institute of Technology Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Design August 2010
MY KNOWLEDGE LEVEL IN SOFTWARE